OS Giken Super Lock SB041-HA: Subaru STI R180 Differential - Rear
The OS GIKEN Super Lock REAR LSD FOR THE SUBARU STI R180 DIFFERENTIAL
The OS GIKEN Super Lock LSD is the culmination of over four years of extensive research and development that led to a revolutionary LSD design with the capacity to house an unprecedented number of friction plates (up to 28 plates in total). Combined with our patented lock timing system, the Super Lock LSD is able to achieve complete lock in a progressive, smooth, and quiet manner, making it suitable for both street and racing performance.
- Miniaturized pressure ring and a superior spline-through-side-gear design allows for fitment of more friction plates (up to 2x as many as competitors versions), offering true 100% lock capability
- Patented pressure ring design allows for smooth, progressive locking
- LSD case has a relief cut-out for the cone spring, resulting in minimal cone spring degradation and enhanced durability
- All components are chemically heat treated for maximum durability
- All components are constructed from a high-grade steel alloy
- Gears are raw-forged for maximum strength
- Clutch disks are precision-machined simultaneously on both sides to extremely tight tolerances resulting in minimal warpage
- LSD case is machined from a single billet piece to ensure uniformity
Superior Overall Performance
- The OS LSD standard spec allows for low preload while still retaining a fully progressive 100% lock capability; basically, the vehicle will feel like driving on an open diff in slow turns/street driving, but can still transmit maximum power to the drive wheels under load.
- Operation is ultra quiet, and the progressive locking allows for smooth, predictable locking. Especially when replacing an open diff, equipping OS LSD will completely improve the driving experience while maintaining everyday drivability.
- Due to the precision manufacturing, high-grade materials, and unique design, a break-in period nor rebuild is required for OS Giken LSDs. OS LSD is purposefully over-engineered to offer the best performing, most durable clutch-type LSD available.
- Aside from the performance advantage and stock-like feel at slow speeds, vehicles equipped with OS LSD are more stable in all road/weather conditions, allowing for a safer driving experience.
- Initial torque can be adjusted by using thicker/thinner cone springs
- Lock progression timing can be adjusted by using stiffer/weaker pressure ring springs, allowing the progression of full lock to be fine-tuned to the vehicle/driver
- Ramp angles can be customized by swapping the pressure ring and iron cross for even more tuning possibilities
- TCD spec disks can be installed for increased oil cooling and even smoother operation
THIS FRONT LSD COME STANDARD WITH A 1.5-WAY LOCKING CHARACTERISTICS WHICH CAN BE TUNED TO YOUR NEEDS. PLEASE CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
THIS IS FOR THE STI REAR R180 DIFFERENTIAL ONLY.
WARNING: Operating, servicing and maintaining a passenger vehicle or off-road vehicle can expose you to chemicals including engine exhaust, carbon monoxide, phthalates, and lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. To minimize exposure, avoid breathing exhaust, do not idle the engine except as necessary, service your vehicle in a well-ventilated area and wear gloves or wash your hands frequently when servicing your vehicle. For more information go to https://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/passenger-vehicle.
Need Help with this product?
Chat with our staff using our Live Chat, Call us at 303.402.5142 or Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Products ship within 2 days.
Friendly return policy because our priority is making sure you have the right product.