GrimmSpeed Phenolic Intake Manifold Spacers (WRX/STi/LGT/FXT)
Do you know what your intake manifold sits on?... A superheated boxer engine. If you don't know already, the cooler your intake air is the more HP your car will achieve. We present you the answer to this age old problem, raising the intake manifold off the engine with GrimmSpeed's new real Phenolic Intake Manifold/TGV to Engine Thermal Spacer.
Phenolic spacers have been used for years by many other specialized automotive companies, but this is very new technology to the Subaru world.
What it does:
- Greatly reduces the transer of heat from engine to intake manifold thus reducing heat soak
- One of a kind true Phenolic material, not cutting board material like others
- The cooler your intake temperature is the denser the air is which leads to more power
- For every 5 degree reduction in air temperature, increases power by 1%
- The cooler and denser the intake air that the engine sucks in, increases the amount of air that can be mixed with fuel thus increasing efficiency
- Direct bolt-on
- When running the OEM gasket only, your intake manifold gets very hot to the touch, enough to burn your hand. When the OEM gasket is replaced with our Phenolic Spacer, your hand can be placed on the intake manifold without any issues
- We have installed both with and without OEM Subaru Gaskets and have had no issues with either way. We do recommend using 2 sets of OEM gaskets however, one on both sides of the spacer
How it works:
The intake air in your engine travels through the airbox into the turbo, then into the aluminum intake manifold. The air exits the intake manifold and goes directly into the engine. GrimmSpeed 3mm Subaru WRX STI Phenolic Thermal SpacerWhile the intake air is within the intake manifold it picks up alot of heat from the aluminum intake manifold. This added heat reduces air density thus reducing engine power capabilities. In stock form your engine has a steel gasket between the intake manifold and engine which allows the heat from the engine to quickly transfer into the intake manifold. By replacing this steel gasket with the GrimmSpeed Phenolic Spacer you are greatly reducing the transfer of engine heat into the intake manifold. Phenolic Spacers are able to withstand 500+ degrees F. Subaru engines run at the hotter end of operation around 200 degrees F, so the Phenolic Spacer is well within its max running temperature. GrimmSpeed has tested that it is also safe to run race fuel, E85, and methanol with the Phenolic Spacers. The Phenolic Spacer will conduct 300-900 times less heat than the OEM steel gasket.
WARNING: Operating, servicing and maintaining a passenger vehicle or off-road vehicle can expose you to chemicals including engine exhaust, carbon monoxide, phthalates, and lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. To minimize exposure, avoid breathing exhaust, do not idle the engine except as necessary, service your vehicle in a well-ventilated area and wear gloves or wash your hands frequently when servicing your vehicle. For more information go to https://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/passenger-vehicle.
Need Help with this product?
Chat with our staff using our Live Chat, Call us at 303.402.5142 or Email us email@example.com
Products ship within 2 days.
Friendly return policy because our priority is making sure you have the right product.