CP Pistons Forged Piston Set (EJ25)
At CP, all pistons are created equal. Whether you are a professional racer or a weekend warrior, CP prides itself to giving you the best part possible for your applications. All pistons at CP are put through a demanding quality control system and precise computerized machining, ensuring that your piston is the best piston available.
In the high pressure world of motorsports, some of the top names rely on CP Pistons to meet their needs. Here are few reasons why.
- Research and Development
- CP Pistons is backed by some of the brightest minds in the industry. This core group allows them to explore angles not possible using conventional methods. By enlisting the latest in cutting edge software packages, CP packages together creativity, experience and proven technology to bring you the best parts for your application. Their commitment to excellence continues to advance as the industry changes. This commitment has resulted in more forgings specific to certain applications, as well as proprietary treated wrist pins and rings manufactured only for CP. Each of these aspects has been put through stringent research and development stages to ensure that their product will exceed your standards.
- 3D Modeling
- Each forging is designed using an advanced 3D modeling software package and is qualified through a rigorous Finite Element Analysis entity. 3D modeling enables CP to check thicknesses and weights before manufacturing allowing us to produce the strongest and lightest part for your application.
- CP has developed proprietary tooling, dedicated cutters and unconventional fixtures to ensure that each piston is produced to the highest quality. Their 5-axis machining techniques allow them to create any piston while their computerized electronic inspection equipment makes sure they manufacture parts to the tightest tolerances in the industry.
CP Standard Features
- Anti Detonation Grooves (Contact Reduction Grooves) are grooves that protect the top ring by disrupting detonation waves. Also known as contact reduction grooves, these grooves limit the piston/cylinder contact during high temperature and RPM.
- Accumulator Groove is a V shaped groove machined in the 2nd ring land to collect excess blow-by between the top and second ring. This groove collects residual gasses during combustion and alleviates top ring flutter while increasing ring seal.
- 'CP' groove stands for Constant Pressure Groove. This groove works as a channel on the lower part of the top land that equalizes pressure to the back of the top ring groove. When used in combination with lateral gas ports, the CP groove helps keep gas ports clear of carbon build up. In addition, the CP groove prevents the top land from smudging into the top ring if the land rubs the cylinder bore.
- Double Pin Oilers in conjunction with CP's dual fed reservoir add twice the amount of oil from the cylinder wall to the wrist pin.
- X-Forgings are designed to minimize friction and reduce weight without compromising strength. With the use of bracing and ribs, the forging is configured by adjusting the weight balance between high and low stress areas. This design enables the use of a shorter pin for added strength and weight savings.
- Radius Domes are used to maximize quench while eliminating possible hot spots that promote detonation.
- Depending on the forging and application, different cam and barrel profiles are utilized for maximum performance.
- Cam and Barrel: Extensive research and development has been done to find the optimum skirt shape for each piston. Having the correct cam and barrel on a part promotes the following:
- Tighter clearances
- Less noise
- Better ring seal
- More power
WARNING: Operating, servicing and maintaining a passenger vehicle or off-road vehicle can expose you to chemicals including engine exhaust, carbon monoxide, phthalates, and lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. To minimize exposure, avoid breathing exhaust, do not idle the engine except as necessary, service your vehicle in a well-ventilated area and wear gloves or wash your hands frequently when servicing your vehicle. For more information go to https://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/passenger-vehicle.
Need Help with this product?
Chat with our staff using our Live Chat, Call us at 303.402.5142 or Email us email@example.com
Products ship within 2 days.
Friendly return policy because our priority is making sure you have the right product.