Perrin Transmission Mount (Subaru 5 & 6 Speed)
Stiffer transmission mounts give you a more connected feel with your car. The PERRIN Transmission mount kit will reduce most drivetrain movement, which efficiently transmits more power to the ground. This means more accurate launches during drag racing and Auto cross type events where you do not want drivetrain slop.
The PERRIN Performance transmission mount kit reduces drivetrain movement under hard acceleration, deceleration and cornering.
Why do I Want Stiffer Transmission Mounts?
- Stiffer transmission mounts give you a more connected feel with your car
- The PERRIN Transmission mount kit will reduce most drivetrain movement, which efficiently transmits more power to the ground
- This means more accurate launches during drag racing and Auto cross type events where you do not want drivetrain slop
- The PERRIN Transmission Mount uses custom made large diameter 70a Durometer polyurethane bushings which are pressed into CNC'ed aluminum mounts, held in place with large bolts and a thick steel base plate. The larger bushings allow the extreme vibrations and sounds to be absorbed, while keeping the transmission from severely moving around under extreme loads. Another feature the PERRIN Transmission mounts have a proper interlock built into it. The stock part is held together with bonded rubber and a couple of small tabs, which means it is possible that the OEM part could fail and leave your transmission disconnect from your chassis.
- No More Shifter Wobble
- During normal driving conditions you hit bumps and potholes in the road, you may notice your shifter wobble around. This occurs because the soft OEM transmission mount is allowing the transmission to be thrown around from road imperfections. In extreme conditions this can actually affect shifting causing mis-shifts! The PERRIN Transmission mount is designed to virtually eliminate this movement while still keeping NVH to a minimum.
- The PERRIN Mounts are made from CNC'ed 6061-T6 aluminum, formed powdercoated steel and custom made polyurethane bushings.
- Added Vibration
- Because our mounts are stiffer than your stock transmission mounts, there will be some added NVH (noise, vibration, harshness). The noises can be described as more gear whine coming through the chassis. For most people this is pleasing, feeling your engine solidly connected to the chassis, versus having that sloppy disconnected feel.
WARNING: Operating, servicing and maintaining a passenger vehicle or off-road vehicle can expose you to chemicals including engine exhaust, carbon monoxide, phthalates, and lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. To minimize exposure, avoid breathing exhaust, do not idle the engine except as necessary, service your vehicle in a well-ventilated area and wear gloves or wash your hands frequently when servicing your vehicle. For more information go to https://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/passenger-vehicle.
Need Help with this product?
Chat with our staff using our Live Chat, Call us at 303.402.5142 or Email us email@example.com
Products ship within 2 days.
Friendly return policy because our priority is making sure you have the right product.