OPEN BOX - GrimmSpeed Pheneloic Spacer - 8mm (98 IMP, 96-99 LEG)
In response to the demand to extend our Phenolic Spacer lineup to include some of the older subaru models, we now have created intake manifold thermal spacers for Impreza '98 and Legacy '96-'99 2.5L N/A 'Phase 1 engines'.
Thermal spacers lift the intake manifold off the super-heated engine to lessen the transfer of heat. Both the intake manifold and engine block are aluminum so the high heat transfers very quickly, these spacers stop that. The cooler the intake charge the more HP and TQ your engine will make.
In addition to cooling your intake charge, these will also give you larger intake volume similar to that of a throttle body spacer.
What it does
- Greatly reduces the transfer of heat from engine to intake manifold thus reducing heat soak.
- One-of-a-kind true Phenolic material, not cutting board material like others.
- The cooler your intake temperature is, the denser the air is which leads to more power.
- For every 5 degree reduction in temperature, increases power by 1%.
- The cooler and denser the intake air that the engine sucks in, increases the amount of air that can be mixed with fuel thus increasing efficiency.
- Direct bolt-on.
- When running a gasket only, your intake manifold gets very hot to the touch, enough to burn your hand. When our gaskets are paired with our Phenolic Spacers, your hand can be placed on the intake manifold without any issues.
- We do recommend using 2 sets of our gaskets, one on both sides of the spacers.
- USA MADE.