IAG Stage 2.6 Trojan Subaru EJ25 Closed Deck Short Block
The IAG Stage 2.6 Trojan Short Block starts with brand new Subaru 2.5L engine case halves. IAG machines the case halves assembled together in our Haas VF-4SS CNC mill to accept the IAG CLOSED Deck Inserts that transform the block into a solid deck. The unique inserts feature small passages that allow needed coolant flow to the deck surface. The case halves are then CNC machined with O-ring receiver grooves around the bore surface as well as drilled and tapped to accept 1/2" head studs that greatly reduce head gasket failure during high cylinder pressure scenarios.
Next, the short block is Deck Plate bored and honed to 99.75mm in our in-house Sunnen SV-30 the most advanced automotive cylinder hone available. IAG‹“s in-house honing process is able to set custom piston to wall clearances to best fit your needs. The modified case halves are then assembled using a new 2017+ Subaru 2.5L nitride treated STI crankshaft that is matched to ACL or King race main bearings. IAG-Spec Tuff H-Beam connecting rods and ARP 625+ rod bolts are utilized along with ACL or King race rod bearings. The case halves are sealed with new OEM main/case bolts and sealant.
Finally, IAG-Spec 99.75mm JE FSR 2618 Forged Pistons and Electro-nickel plated tops and ring area as well as upgraded .250" / .906" H13 wrist pins are added to finish the Stage 2.6 Trojan short block. Additionally, all IAG-Spec piston skirts utilize the JE Perfect Skirt coating.
Stage 2.6 Trojan Closed Deck Includes:
- Case Halves - Converted to Closed Deck using brand new Subaru OEM case halves, bored and honed to 99.75mm.
- O-Ringing - Machine and O-Ring Deck Surface
- Head Studs - Machine Case to 1/2" head studs - * Head studs are sold separately
- Pistons - IAG-Spec JE FSR 99.75mm 2618 Forged Pistons, Electro-nickel Plated Tops & Ring area, Ring Set, .250" / .906" H13 Wrist Pins, Clips, (Perfect Skirt Coating and Offset Wrist Pins)
- Connecting Rods - IAG-Spec Tuff H-Beam / ARP 625+ Rod Bolts.
- Rod / Main Bearings - ACL or King Race bearings.
- Crankshaft - Standard New Subaru Nitride Treated 2017+ STI Crankshaft.
- Case / Main Bolts “ Standard FHI Subaru case bolts.
Additional Options Available:
- Head Studs - IAG 1/2" ARP Head Stud Set - $499.99
- Oil Pump - Subaru JDM 12mm High Volume Oil Pump - $219 or 11mm Subaru Oil Pump - $199.95
- Head Gaskets - JE Pro Seal .039 inch Head Gaskets - $96
- Hardware / Seal Option - $105.99 (Wrist pin plugs, washers, separator cover, bolts, etc. In case you dont want to transfer from the original engine).
- 8.5:1 on D Cylinder Heads (EJ255)
- 8.2:1 on B, V and W EJ257 Heads with standard thickness gasket.
Head Gasket Recommendations:
- *IAG Recommends JE Pro Seal .039 inch head gaskets
The IAG Stage 2.6 Short Block has a power output rating of 750BHP.
*All IAG short blocks are balanced and blueprinted.
*Build time for blocks are 2-3 weeks. During the holidays it can take longer.
WARNING: Operating, servicing and maintaining a passenger vehicle or off-road vehicle can expose you to chemicals including engine exhaust, carbon monoxide, phthalates, and lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. To minimize exposure, avoid breathing exhaust, do not idle the engine except as necessary, service your vehicle in a well-ventilated area and wear gloves or wash your hands frequently when servicing your vehicle. For more information go to https://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/passenger-vehicle.