The soft, 25-foot cord makes it a game changer in your garage too. The machine also features a soft-start for a smooth and safe start when you pull the trigger.
A long throw polisher like the Adams Swirl Killer is a dual-action machine polisher that oscillates and shakes the backing plate and polishing pad in many directions in quick motions, several thousand times per minute. The movement mimics how our hand moves in an irregular circular pattern when polishing or waxing a surface by hand. Dual action polishers differ from rotary buffers, in that rotary buffers have fixed rotation and spin only in a circular motion without oscillating the pad. Rotary buffers are rated in Revolutions Per Minute (RPM), as opposed to the Oscillations Per Minute (OPM) of a Long Throw Dual Action Polisher.
Long Throw Polishers typically have a 15mm or 21mm orbit pattern. While a 21mm throw can correct imperfections a little more quickly than a 15mm throw, the larger orbit and larger pad size for these machines can make them a little more difficult to use on some vehicles with very complex curves. Therefore, Adam's chose a 15mm throw with smaller 5.5 and 6 pads for the Adams Swirl Killer, so that it could be more versatile for most customers.
Adam's Swirl Killer allows you to finish down a surface amazingly, to as near flawless as possible with minimal effort. In some instances, this can be accomplished in as little as one polishing step, unlike rotary buffers. Rotary buffers can leave holograms or buffer trails from improper technique, pad type, or compound, which then require additional polishing steps to make the surface hologram free. The longer throw of the Swirl Killer, when compared to other traditional random orbital polishers, allows for stronger and faster correction, while still being safe on the surface. For these reasons, Long Throw Polishers are bridging the gap in regards to time savings compared to Rotary Buffers.
The Swirl Killer polisher has several design features that make it more enjoyable and comfortable to use:
- The trigger is large, easy to engage, and has a lock mechanism to reduce strain and fatigue on your fingers when polishing for an extended period
- The trigger features a soft-start, for a smooth and safe start when you pull the trigger
- The hand grip above the polishing head is rubber for reduced vibration through your hand and arm
- The backing plate has a strong Velcro hook-and-loop system to keep polishing pads secure during use, but still easy enough to remove the pad without too much effort
- The power cord is a soft rubber design, so that it can comfortably drape over your shoulder while polishing and won't twist or tangle as easily, and is a longer 25-foot length for easier maneuverability around the vehicle
Adam's has been extensively testing this polisher, and now it's time for you to enjoy this affordable, high-quality precision machine too!
- Backing Plate:
- 5" or 123mm
- Free Speed:
- Pad Size:
- 5.5" - 6"
- Power Consumption:
- Rated 500W (Maximum 750W)
- 120-127V 50/60Hz (UL/JP)
- 5-3/4 lbs