Modena Front TBD for the 02 - 07 WRX 4AT Automatic
Modena is one of Australia's premier manufacturers of Motorsport Gears and Differentials.
This is Modena's Torsen Style Torque Biasing Front Differential for the 2002 - 2007 WRX with a 4-speed Automatic Transmission.
This replaces the factory open differential, and will behave much like the factory LSD that is in the rear differential, or like the front LSD that comes in the STI from the factory.
Modena's Torque Biasing Differential will provide improved traction under acceleration, but will open, or "Unlock" under deceleration as soon as you lift your foot off the accelerator. This is ideal for a car that is driven on the street, or at the track or Auto-X course because it will give you improved traction through the corner, and will help reduce understeer.
The reason that this differential is not called a "Limited Slip Differential" is because it doesn't "lock-up" when the wheels begin to slip, which means that both wheels are receiving the same amount of torque and turning at or near the same speed.
Instead, The Modena Torque Biasing Differential will transfer torque between the left and right wheel in order to make sure that 100% of the torque that is sent to the front axle is distributed between the two wheels. In other words, if one wheel is receiving 60% of the torque, this differential will make sure that the other 40% is sent to the other wheel.
This results in improved traction for a better exit from the corner, without inducing any understeer, which a "Locked" Limited Slip Differential has a tendency to do.
Professional installation is strongly recommended.
This Modena Torque Biasing Differential is In Stock and Ready To Ship!
dimensions:14.0 x 8.0 x 8.0
Regular Price: $1,250.00 On Sale For: $1,100.00
We specialize in top quality performance parts
for Honda, Acura and Subaru, for both street and race applications
I had not heard of this before, and after watching the trailer, I'm definitely excited to see this.
It looks... http://fb.me/2RpEnx1LX